Are you a sports fan? Check out 7th grader Sarah’s amazing personal blog, Krazies’ Korner, all about Duke Sports! She posts multiple times a week, including her pre and post-game thoughts. Leave a comment, start a discussion!
This week (Nov. 26th) you can create a post on whichever topic interests you from SBC Week 6, 7, or 8. Week 7 was free choice – so the sky really is the limit (or is it really?)! I can’t wait to read what you create!
WEEK 2: Comments & Connections
Written expression is just one way that we can share our thoughts, feelings, and creativity with others. The Student Blogging Challenge allows us to share our work not only with our class but with our peers around the world!
Week 2 of the SBC encourages us to make connections with the other participants of the challenge by using the comment section.
Task 1: Quality Comment Expectations Video or Poster
This week our first task we will:
- create a video or poster to add to our blogs about how visitors should leave quality comments on your blog
- turn in your video or poster to #013
- (once approved) add your video or poster as both a post & page about how you’d like visitors to leave quality comments on your blog
- Optional: Submit your task using this Week 2 Google Form.
Task 2: Leaving Quality Comments
Visit and leave quality comments on at least 4 blogs this week from SBC Challenge!
Looking for a blog to comment on? Use these links to help:
- Check out the SBC 2018 Student Participant list to find students with similar interests.
- Check out the Week 1 Tasks Google Sheet. All these students have started the challenge.
- Check out the SBC 2018 Class Blog List. These are classes who are participating in the challenge. Some students will have their own blogs, some won’t.
- Mrs. Yollis has visited and commented on our class blog, maybe visit the blog of her third graders.
- The classes of Mrs. Calhoun and Ms. Warnick have also visited our class blog. Check out their class and student blogs.
Task 3: Sharing Interesting Blogs
In the comment section of this post, give a SHOUT OUT to one or two students whose blogs you visited and left comments on. Sharing these blogs will encourage your classmates to build connections with these students/classes as well.
Your comment on THIS POST should:
- follow quality comment guidelines
- include a shout out to the specific student’s blog you visited
- include one reason why your classmates should visit this blog
- The URL to the blog, post, or page you commented on
Check out the rest of the SBC Week 2 post for other cool ideas for tasks to complete this week.
Week One of the Student Blogging Challenge encouraged us to let the world get to know us using our “About Me” pages. We learned about the importance of safety online and create avatars to use as virtual representations of ourselves on our blogs.
Some of us shared the interesting websites we used to create our avatars and some of us created additional avatars to help you get to know us better! Here are just some of the posts we created last week:
The alphabet was used by PJ to let you know his likes and dislikes!
More highlights to come…
Calling all DA Students! Would you like to be featured in the DA Literary Magazine – The Locker? One way to do so is to enter and win a weekly literary challenge!
Here is the first challenge – imagine a world where all the adults disappeared. What would it be like?
Another year and it is time for year 2 of the Student Blogging Challenge to begin! Our 6th-grade class could not be more excited! Below you can find the instructions for our Week 1 Challenge! Please don’t forget to check out our post that introduces our class to the world!
Who makes up Ms. Mack’s 18-19 6th Grade Language Arts class? What makes us unique?
Check out some fun facts about our class below! (Click the red text to visit each student’s blog to find out more about them.)
We’d love to get to know more about you as well! Leave us a comment with something that makes you unique. Be sure include a link to your blog so we can come to visit!
Who plays the drums?
Who loves animals?
Who is obsessed with pandas?
Who has a sister?
Who loves ice cream?
Who likes to dance?
Who plays baseball?
Who likes to play the piano?
Who loves theater?
Whose favorite sport is Lacrosse?
Who LOVES cows?
Which class member thinks Fortnite is dead?
Who plays field hockey?
Who is the youngest of three?